Monday, February 1, 2010

First Day in Valencia

So we got in about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. Showed up at our hostel, which is actually just some guys apartment where he rents out the extra rooms. He's a really cool guy. Originally from Iowa, but moved here 3 years ago. After we got our stuff in our room we went to the American Bar down town, had a drink and bought out tickets for the Super Bowl party. I am so excited. All you can eat and I get to watch the super bowl on big screen. It's a great bar too.
Kyle and I think we have a place. It's a 4 person place, and so far it's only us two, so we need another 2 people or else it's a little too expensive. But we got a place, that's the important thing. We left the bar after we got our tickets and then just started walking. We walked through the garden that goes through the middle of town, and all I have to say is AMAZING!!! Then we came across the City of Sciences. Again, AMAZING!!! I would post pictures, but I'm in a cafe and I forgot my cord for my camera in my room. They will be up shortly. Somebody had quite a bit of money to spend, an architect had a lot of fun, and some engineer had a lot of work to do. I will leave it at that. Definitely worth seeing at night. This city is amazing. We have just been walking around today and it is really cool. Can't wait to figure out all the transportation around here. Although, it really isn't that far to walk across the city. Things really aren't that far, and if we have a bike, we could get around really fast. Well, until next time.

God bless,
John

1 comment:

  1. City of Sciences?
    Is it paradise? haha
    Can't wait to see pics.
    -Mark

    ReplyDelete